Fall’s in full swing! The leaves are changing, the weather’s cooling, and we’ve got exciting things happening at BAR/BAMLS. Additionally, there’s some light reading on the 3.8% Tax that NAR has written up for you.
We have two apps available in your Apple and Android markets: One for the Association and one for the MLS. Here’s an introduction for each. Stay tuned, we’ll have more detailed updates on both to follow.
BAMLS iPhone-iPad/Android app puts the MLS in the palm of every member’s hand. Brought to you by Birmingham Area, MLS Inc, this app was designed to be used by both real estate professionals and future home buyers and sellers in Birmingham and Central Alabama. We serve the counties of Jefferson, Shelby, Blount, Calhoun and St. Clair, as well as other outlying areas and municipalities.
- Interactive map searching. Using the GPS Location based technology in the iPhone platform, you can easily find listings located around you or search by entering a specific location.
- View properties on Google maps (street, satellite and hybrid).
- Search and filter by price, beds, bath, etc…
- Easily see all property details, including multiple photos, price, property details and descriptions.
- Find your way to the front door with ease, using turn by turn direction capabilities.
- Save properties to favorites, save search results, and share properties via text, email, Facebook or Twitter.
- Personalized agent view of information accessed through login credentials.
The official iPhone-iPad/Android app for Birmingham Association of REALTORS® is a dynamically driven app that brings you up to date content about what is going on in the Birmingham Association of Realtors. Some highlights include
- Calendar Display
- Member Search
- Affiliate Search
By now you will have received the NAR Call for Action regarding the 3.8% tax. According to an article recently posted by NAR ”REALTORS® should familiarize themselves with the tax, but should advise upper income clients or clients who have a large capital gains to seek the guidance of a tax professional. The amount of tax will vary from individual to individual because the elements that comprise AGI differ from taxpayer to taxpayer.”