Why Should I use a REALTOR®?
Only real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) can call themselves REALTORS®. All REALTORS® adhere to NAR’s strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That’s why all real estate licensees are NOT the same.
Dedicated to serving America’s property owners at both local and national levels, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, The Voice for Real Estate®, is the largest professional association at over one million members strong. So, whether you’re buying or selling a home – it pays to work with a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo when choosing your real estate agent.
REALTORS® provide you with invaluable services when buying or selling a home.
For consumer content resources, please check out the following sites:
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®:
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market, prices, financing, terms, and competing properties conditions.
- Will market your property to other real estate agents and the public.
- Will know when, where, and how to best market your property.
- It can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- It can help you negotiate.
- It can help you determine your buying power.
- Provides guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
What Do Recent Home Buyers and Sellers Say About REALTORS®?
The NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers provides research results on the experiences home buyers and sellers had when purchasing or selling their home. The majority of the respondents used a REALTOR® (a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®). Here’s what they had to say:
- Sellers reported that an agent’s reputation is the most important factor in their selection process.
- Nearly three-fifths of sellers report that they would “definitely” use the same real estate agent again.
- The top four home seller expectations of real estate agents are:
- price my home competitively (22%);
- find a buyer for my home (21%);
- sell my home within a specific timeframe (19%);
- help market my home to a potential buyer (19%).
- 88% of buyers would probably or definitely use their real estate agent again.
- The benefit most buyers say they receive from their agent is help understanding the process.
- 88% of buyers were very satisfied with their agent’s knowledge of the purchase process.
- 77% of home buyers used a real estate agent and/or broker to complete their transaction.