Alabama Real Estate License Renewal is handled by the Alabama Real Estate Commission (AREC). Visit AREC’s website for General License Renewal Information.
Education at BAR
At the Birmingham Association of REALTORS®, we are dedicated to providing ongoing education training, career development opportunities, services, and support to help our members succeed.
As of January 1, 2023, regular 3-hour BAR CE classes are “FREE” with your paid BAR membership dues.
- “Free CE” does not apply to the following:
- Online CE classes, through our education partners
- The CE shop, McKissock Learing, The Career Academy of Real Estate
- Designations, Certifications and Specialty Classes
BAR’s Education Program – Fast Facts:
- Classes require an online registration. All 2023 BAR CE classes (3 hour) will be Live In Person at BAR unless otherwise noted.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (email) and submitted 48 hours prior to the start date and start time of the class.
- No refunds for cancellations received within 48 hours of the class start date and start time. No transfers to another class. No refunds for no shows.
- You must arrive on time for all classes and return from scheduled breaks on time to receive continuing education credit.
- You must sign-in on the appropriate class sign-in sheet used for attendance records.
If you require any services as identified under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact: (205) 802-6079 or email email@example.com.
Become an Instructor
If you have a passion to teach, we want to hear from you! Call (205) 802-6079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Your first step is to become a CE Instructor with the Alabama Real Estate Commission. Completion, submission, and approval of the Instructor Application are required in order to teach for the Birmingham Association of REALTORS® School.
- The BAR Education Advisory Group will review the application and the class materials provided. Submission of an application does not automatically ensure being able to teach for the BAR School.
- Completion, submission, and approval of the official BAR Instructor Application are required in order to teach for the Birmingham Association of REALTORS® School. Submission of an application does not automatically ensure being able to teach for the BAR School.
Instructor Application AREC Instructor Resources AREC Applications