How do I get a Lockbox?
Lockboxes are available at GetALockbox.com.
- You can pick up a box at our office during office hours or you can complete the online after-hours form at GetALockbox.com and your box will be shackled to the bench at the office, for you to pick up. You will receive an email when your box is ready for pick up.
- Want to return a lockbox after hours? Complete the “Return” section at GetALockbox.com.
What are Lockboxes and eKeys?
In the real estate business, lockboxes (also known as key boxes) are devices used to securely access properties. These boxes are opened using electronic keys, or eKEYs, only available to members — of the Birmingham Association of REALTORS® and its subsidiary Greater Alabama MLS — who accept the rules and guidelines and meet specific eligibility and insurance requirements. The keys come in the form of electronic devices or smartphone eKEY apps.
These devices comprise the Birmingham Association of REALTORS® Electronic Lockbox System powered by Supra United Technologies. Leasing and set-up fees apply for these devices. To find out if you’re eligible to lease a lockbox or eKEY (including Affiliate Members who are appraisers, pest control operators/inspectors, home inspectors, and real estate photographers under special conditions), contact our MLS Department.
Please click HERE to go to the secure form to get an eKEY. Once complete, MLS Staff will process your application. Please allow two (2) business days for processing as forms are processed in the order that they are received. The cost is a one-time $50 activation fee with Supra. After that, a $15.16 charge will be debited from your account on the 28th of every month.
After-hours support is available. Visit the Supra website for hours and other details.
Benefits of using the SUPRA Lockboxes
- Security for your sellers – With no combinations to the keybox floating around no one but approved Agents and Affiliates will be able to enter your clients home.
- Easy access for agents and affiliates – The SUPRA eKEY application, makes it easy for agents to show a home within acceptable showing periods of the home.
- Agents and sellers can get reports from Supra – Within the SUPRA Member website, you can generate reports of who has entered the property and when to share with your client.
What We Do
This popular and tremendously beneficial service to our members is handled by our MLS Department. Our team rents the lockboxes and related devices and guides members through the programming process and Android or Apple application download on most mobile devices such as Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watch. (Note: You can download the app to multiple devices, but you’ll only be able to use one device at a time. You may be prompted to re-enter your authorization code.)
While we address general lockbox and eKEY service needs, members also have access to full real estate agent support for Supra eKEYs and lockboxes. After-hours support is also available. Visit the Supra website for hours and other details.
- Your Unique ID = Keyholder ID
- eKey Serial Number = Top of the App
- Your Password = 4 digit pin you chose for your key